Chase your opponents and knock down their dominoes - be the Last One Standing!
Created for #TOJam 2016: Don't Stop bELEVEN
Players using Windows: (2016-09-03)
In the past month, Windows Defender / Microsoft Security Essentials have started flagging some Unity games as malware. This appears to be a false positive, even affecting some Steam games, and Unity is working with Microsoft to fix the detection to avoid false alarms.
I'm exploring whether there's anything I can do to the game to work around this, but in the meantime, you may need to exempt Last One Standing from this security check in order to play - but I understand if you're hesitant to do so. I'll update this page once a solution has been found.
WARNING: DEVELOPMENT BUILD
This came together in a weekend, so expect some hiccups. Please let me know below or on Twitter (@D_M_Gregory) if you encounter glitches, and I'll try to get them fixed up.
New in the latest update (2016-05-30):
- Mac version now available! (Depending on your security settings, you may get a warning that I'm an unidentified developer, but this can be overridden)
- Dynamic joining & control remapping - when input is detected in any supported slot (3 keyboard options or up to 6 gamepads), it will be automatically assigned to a Lead Domino, or spawned as a new player
- Idle players will be removed from the next round
- Improved physics stability & fairness - now much harder to accidentally trip yourself
- Fixed minor exploit when players remain stationary - players who haven't moved recently become vulnerable to bodychecking until they start laying down trail dominoes
- Added a jump - no particular strategic importance, it just feels good to hop around sometimes :)
- No invisible walls - the unwary shall fall to their doom!
- Improved messaging of draws/ties
- Fixed issue with music going out of sync when looped too many times
- Lead Dominoes change facial expressions when their trail is toppling
- Removed DualShock 4 specific version - tested and it works great with DS4Windows; manual control remapping is available if needed
Unzip and have fun!
(Windows users: see note on the game page about a false positive from Windows Defender/Security Essentials. You may need to exempt the game to play until this is fixed)
You'll find a controls diagram enclosed. Inputs are assigned dynamically, so whichever key/gamepad you use first becomes player 1, etc. If you accidentally spawn a spare player, just knock them down before your victory lap - idle players will be removed from the next round automatically.
I'd love to hear what you think, in the comments here or on Twitter (@D_M_Gregory)